Top Trending Mental Health App Ideas To Inspire From
Table of Contents
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Happiness is the building block of human being as well as businesses looking to win. Biological studies suggest, when we are stressed, and burnt out, happiness is the first to escape.
Beyond everything else in life, Mental Health is the most significant aspect that should not be overlooked at any cost. Unfortunately, it is the only missing link in today’s society that must be addressed.
Hopefully, we’re living in digitally empowering society and here every industry has a tale to tell. The health and wellness industry is no different. Top entrepreneurs have demonstrated the efficiency of mental health app development that dictates yoga, mindfulness and meditation as a profit-centric model with happiness at core. There are hundreds of mental health apps rolling out in the market and emerging to make their new identity.
These mental health apps can be seen as an inspiration board with a tray of distinct features that is likely to fill your business model with a saga of innovation.
Moving down to this article, you will get a detailed understanding and major implications of mental health app market trends, its needs, ideas, development process, the top trending list of apps, and more. Trust or not, this article will be your one-stop guide for you to develop the best mental health application
Market Overview: A Push For Winners
The market demand for mental health apps is increasing rapidly. The Statista 2021 shows, Calm app was the most downloaded meditation and sleep app in the United States accounting for 40 percent of downloads. The apps helped people to improve their sleep habits and bring a healthy routine into their life.
The availability of mental healthcare apps has increased in the market. From 2015 to 2021, the total number of available apps is 53,054 i.e. 6.51% increase as compared to previous years.
Additionally, the global mHealth apps market valued at $43.5 billion in 2022, is a testament to this growing trend. It’s expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6% from 2023 to 2030.
The Emerging Need To Develop Mental Health Apps
- Immediate And Better Access To Mental Healthcare Now that time has elapsed when people used to schedule physical appointments and wait for hours just to get mental health consultation or treatment. Now patients can go for digital visits without actually hampering their daily schedules. The audio or video calls are the new ways of eliminating appointment scheduling stress and creating a relaxing environment all around.
- Maintain Anonymity Of Patients Many times, people are scared of sharing their identity while taking mental health treatment. But mental health apps allow the freedom to hide their identity and keep their personal information anonymous which eventually increases the no. of patients. An anonymity also leads to building patients’ trust and self-confidence.
- Remote Location Timely Treatment Not everyone has a mental health practitioner in their locality and thus it becomes a barrier for patients to visit a long way to consult the mental health practitioner. Whereas, mental health apps allow patients to connect with a therapist within seconds using video/audio calls. Connecting digitally also eliminates emergencies and even patients can get special tips and suggestions related to mental health.
- Enhances Communication Between Patients and Therapists The digital platform allows both patients and therapists to be in their comfort zone. They can connect 24/7 whenever needed and can share real facts for better treatment. Also, therapists get the opportunity to share special offers, important information, and other related notifications. The ease of connecting and sharing every little information with just a few clicks is what a mental health app provides.
- Bring Efficiency With Record Keeping and Monitoring The mental health apps help the therapists to draw more precise conclusions and provide the best advice to the patients. Many times, therapists suggest patients use the app and track their daily data so that they can detect the problem easily and provide the best possible solution.
Top Mental Health App Ideas For 2022
Mental health apps are expanding in today’s digital society, addressing the growing need for emotional well-being. Learn about innovative app ideas such as Emotional Wellness, Meditation, Mood and Symptom Tracking, Virtual Therapy, and Women’s Well-Being.
These apps cater to specific aspects of mental health, from self-awareness to therapy accessibility, providing timely support and promoting overall emotional well-being. With the mental health app market on the rise, these ideas offer a strategic approach to building impactful solutions for users’ mental wellness.
- Emotional Wellness App : Mental health apps are digital platforms that are specially designed to deal with mental health and psychological well being issues. The app takes care of all the instability of one’s thoughts, emotions, and stress level by finding out the triggering factors. It keeps sending little reminders about emotional misbalance and spreading self-awareness to cope with life’s challenges.Emotional wellness apps can assist you in handling your emotional ups and downs better. They provide tools to manage anxiety and recognize things that make you feel uneasy. These apps offer calming exercises and music to help you stay relaxed, centered, and connected with your emotional well-being, making it easier to navigate through your feelings and thoughts.
- Meditation And Mindfulness App : Meditation app is the new sticky on the home screens of smart phone these days especially after the pandemic has hit the world hard. People were forced to stay at home and work which created a lot of pressure and anxiety. During this time, meditation apps turned as the best solution. These apps are aimed at supporting users to reduce the pace of increasing thoughts, to release negativity, and to let body and mind stay in a peaceful zone. Some of the excellent reasons to use mindfulness apps are:
- Increases the level of positive emotions
- Helps in improving self-acceptance
- Lowers the fatigue level
- Reduces sense of external pressure
- Enhance individual focus and reduce mind-wandering
- Mood And Symptom Tracking Apps : Sometimes it is really difficult to understand the mood swings and the reason behind them. But now mood and symptom tracking apps have made it easy to analyze human activity and find the best suitable solution for it. The user can keep a track of the mood and symptoms by taking regular assessments to gain clarity on their current mental condition. Some apps show mood swings through calendars and graphs. Also, people can choose to note down their thoughts to keep detailed records of their thoughts. Some of the reasons to use mood and symptom tracking apps:
- It helps in managing mood and feeling better
- Provides you a roadmap to manage your lifestyle in a better way
- Help in making better and informed health decisions
- It leads to the prevention of negative mood triggers
- Encourages in working for improved quality of life
- Virtual Therapy App : The virtual therapy app makes treatment available easy for everyone. If you’re suffering from stress, anxiety, or any other related mental health issues, you can search for the suitable therapist and share every other issue without hesitating. You can talk to a therapist from home. This way, you don’t have to worry about talking face-to-face. The app provides engaging options to communicate with each other i.e. allow video and audio calls with the therapists. The usage of these apps is not only restricted to the users but therapists can also increase their customer reach by connecting with other therapists and getting a huge customer database. There are some other benefits of using virtual therapy apps like:
- It is a good choice for people in remote areas
- It promotes higher affordability and convenience
- Just send texts, audio messages, or have video calls when it suits you best
- It’s a convenient way to get the support you need
- App For Women’s Well-Being : Women are the most sensitive yet hard-working creations on earth and that is why they need some extra care. The apps for women’s well-being are specially designed to track mood swings and their menstrual cycle. Women can easily find the list of doctors, therapists, and other healthcare practitioners. There is an option to conduct video and audio calls through which women can connect with the experts and seek the best advice and treatment to deal with their mental health issues. The app can also suggest guided meditations and other stress-relieving activities to bring peace and calm in women’s life.
- Sleep App : The app is specially designed for folks who are suffering from a lack of good sleep every night. The app can help people to feel rejuvenated and stress-free so that people can sleep properly by leaving all their worries. The user gets the option to enjoy some soothing music and different audios that offer a peaceful sleep. This app helps you relax and lower stress for a good night’s sleep, so you wake up refreshed. You can pick calming music for a peaceful sleep. For instance, Headspace offers guided meditations to help you sleep deeply and feel rested. Below are some benefits of Sleep App:-
- Eases stress for better sleep
- Helps with anxiety and relaxation
- Choose calming music or sounds
- Offers guided meditation programs
- Improves restfulness and refreshment
- Self-improvement Mental Health App :The Self-Improvement Mental Health app is like a happy guide for your mind. It gives daily tips and exercises to boost your mood. Easy tasks, like deep breaths and positive thoughts, keeps you calm and focused. The app lets’s you track your progress and celebrate small wins. The app also shares uplifting quotes and encourages self-reflection. It’s like a pocket-sized coach for your mental health journey. Make a small move every day to be a better you. It’s easy, available, and supportive – your mental well-being is just a tap away. A few good reasons to use self-improvement mental health app:-
- Boosts mood with daily tips
- Easy exercises for calmness
- Tracks and celebrates progress
- Uplifting quotes for motivation
- Encourages self-reflection
- Pocket-sized mental health coach
How To Build A Mental Health App?
Developing a mental health app is a strategic task where one needs to consider essential features that effortlessly fit in the market demand and expectations. Make sure to design a simple user interface and skip all the unnecessary data that depart the user.
Steps To Develop A Robust Mental Health App
- Discover target audience and platform Developing a mental health app is a critical task and to make it a success, one needs to have a clear vision about it. Choose the target audience based on certain demographics like children, teenagers, senior citizens groups, LGBTQ+, and many other migrants. Or else, if you have a bigger picture in mind then you can choose to have a broader target audience. Now the next step will be to choose a suitable platform for the app development like Android, iOS, or cross-platform.
- Conduct competitive and market research Competitive research is the best method to know the success and downfall of the previous and current marketing practices. Therefore, it is always suggested to not restrict your study to the success stories but always have a look at the market failures also to plan your smart practices for the same.
- Create a strategic detailed plan Before moving ahead it is crucial to have a detailed business plan that brings clarity to your thoughts and removes trial and error methods and unnecessary wastage of time. It is a kind of summary that you are drawing in front of you. There’s no doubt that there will be some adjustments or changes in the plan but still, it will bring efficiency and cost-effectiveness to the app development process.
As in, the cost of mental health app development depends on several factors such as choice of mental health platforms, app developers’ locations, mental health app features, etc. However, the average cost can be somewhere between $30,000 to $90,000.
- Hire an experienced team of developers To hire an expert team for the app development, there are usually two options i.e. either hire a team of individual freelancers based on their skills and expertise or hire an experienced mobile app development company having an expert team. The type of resources you will require in your team are:
- However, it is suggested to hire a company because app development is not about fulfilling the technical requirements but also focusing on the legal requirements in the healthcare and wellness sector.
There are a few permissions needed from healthcare authorities and experts which need to be handled before investing time, effort, and budget in the app development.
- Build an MVP Creating an MVP is a great practice used to speed up the development process and slow down unnecessary costs and efforts. This practice is widely used in the app development industry as it allows bringing improvements and getting clear feedback from the clients and users. This stage has much importance especially in the healthcare industry because a poor UI may impact the health of the users. He/she may feel much more stressed instead of healing their anxiety and bringing calmness to the mind.
- Monitor and testing It is necessary to test and monitor the app before releasing it in the market because app development is a sensitive process just like the mental health of a human. Also, testing helps the development to identify the bugs, glitches, and increase the quality of the app. Testing and monitoring is also one way of creating a good market reputation for the mental health app.
- Share release and required updates: Once your application has been tested, the app is ready for release in the market. Now, it is needed to track app performance using analytics tools, and address user issues. Also, you can introduce users about the updates and keep them engaged.
What are some top trending mental health app ideas?
Top trending mental health app ideas include Emotional Wellness Apps for self-awareness, Meditation and Mindfulness Apps for stress reduction, Mood and Symptom Tracking Apps for understanding emotional patterns, Virtual Therapy Apps for remote counseling, and Women’s Well-Being Apps addressing specific needs. These apps cater to diverse aspects of mental health, promoting overall well-being in today’s digital society.
Top Mental Health Apps in the Market
- Headspace Headspace is a meditation app that has its name recalled to encourage users to deal with a healthy and stress-free life. Both beginner and advanced level people can use it easily. The app is used to gain higher satisfaction levels and with affordable monthly prices.
- Moodkit As the name suggests, it offers a bunch of activities that help a person to fix their mood. The app emphasizes changing a person’s thoughts and encourages them to practice self-awareness to maintain a healthy attitude for a healthy life.
- MindShift The app is specially designed to deal the human anxiety situations. The app can be used free of cost and therefore it is used widely. The special technique used in psychotherapy.
- Happify The major aim of the app is to reduce anxiety, stress, and negative thinking and to take care of emotional well-being. It has many in-built games, activities and other engaging tasks to bring happiness to your brain.
- MindDoc The app helps users to get clear statistics of mood swings and lets them maintain better emotional and mental health. Also, it offers a range of meditation and other useful sessions to improve the emotional health of a user.
How Can Codiant Help in Developing Mental Health Apps?
As a leading healthcare application development company, Codiant builds health apps you can trust! Our app developers create awesome mental health apps using the latest tech.
If you’re thinking of starting a mental health business and have an app idea, talk to us! Our team will make it real with top-notch mobile app development services.
Mental health apps have taken a huge market share and also a lot of space in human life. With the changing lifestyles and increasing trends, the mental energies are blemishing and creating a need to use these trends. So, we have enough market demand, ideas, and strategies to heal the cause and bring a revolutionary change in the market. This article has given enough information, to begin with, but, there is always a scope to add more.
Now, to gain success in your path of mental health app development, you can connect with an experienced team of technical experts at Codiant to gain a lot of insights, facts, and suggestions. You are just an effort away to frame a picture of your ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
On an average, it takes around three months to a year for mental health app development. It depends on your project’s size and how challenging the app is.
We’re a trusted app development company making healthcare apps. Our skilled app development team specializes in creating user-friendly mental health apps using the latest tech.
Radiology Information System (RIS) is a smart database transforming healthcare. It’s changing how doctors handle radiology images. If you’re starting a healthcare business and want a top-notch RIS, talk to us! Our experts provide excellent mobile app development services to bring your idea to life.
Read our thoughts and insights on the latest tech and business trends
- February 28, 2024
In 2023, online shopping grew a lot—55% more than the year before. The significant rise after Covid-19 indicates that more people are using online shopping. This trend is getting bigger every day! It is estimated... Read more
- February 26, 2024
The rise of engaging videos and posts on social media is making sure every user has dopamine flying around the brain. You open any social media channel and you are invited to videos that are... Read more