What Is A Plant Identifier App?
The plant identifier app is an online platform developed with the purpose of helping users to identify the correct name and other related information of the plant. The user needs to click and upload the picture in the photo gallery to get the correct details of any plant, flower, leaves, flowers fruits, seeds, etc. The app then recognizes the picture and responds back in an accurate manner.
Such plant identifier apps are infused with a list of other features like allowing users to set reminders for plant nurturing, helping them in taking care of the plants, and organizing plants systematically in the in-app garden for better understanding, and getting shared observations and results.
People like Travelers, Gardeners, Botanists, Farmers, Plant lovers, and Nature lovers will be the most concerned ones to leverage its services.
Key Market Players of Plant Identifier App
Some of the best plant identification apps to get inspired from are:
- PlantNet The PlantNet plant identification app offers free plant identification and empowers accuracy to help people in finding detailed information about the plant. The attractive pictures and active plant identification along with suggestions in the flora world make it well-meaningful.
- PictureThis People love using this app because of its robust features like fast, accurate, and rich in content. Along with detailed information and plant description, it also offers plant care tips and beautiful pictures to make it more effective.
- PlantSnap The app has offered a revolutionized way of identifying plants with artificial intelligence and deep learning tactics. The ability to allow users to add plant information along with location and other details makes it unique. Both iOS and Android users can use it to find plant details.
- LeafSnap The app not only allows users to plant identification but also helps in distinguishing different species of trees. A single snap of a tree or leaf responds back with accurate information and details.
- iNaturalist The app is equipped with a global database of information that is used for both science and plant conservation. There is a community connected with the app that helps in refining the data equipped by the users. Also, the users can initiate discussion on it and take help from others in case of any doubt.Now you must have understood how to plant identification can simplify life and add more fun in finding more information about plants.
List of Key Features to Create an Online Plant Finder App
Developing a plant identifier app is one of the best concepts that help users in finding the correct information without any failure. Here is the list of important features that you must include while developing a plant identification app.
- Sign Up This is the first step where the user interacts with your app for the first time and it should be easy and intuitive enough to onboard. To ensure a prompt response from the users, you can integrate either the social signup method or the two-factor authentication method. Using these approaches, the user only needs to enter their phone number and OTP for profile verification.
- Login Users need to enter general details like email id, phone no. or either social login details along with a password to login into the app. In case the user forgets the password, a password reset link must be available to the user.
- Clicking and uploading the picture of the plant The plant identifier app makes it super easy to identify the plant. The user only needs to click the snapshot of the respective plant or leaf by using the camera of their smartphone and upload it on the app.
- Plant identification and data fetching After the user is done uploading the picture, the app platform begins to search for relevant results. The information about the plant is fetched from the record database with the use of an image recognition feature which is smartly integrated into the app. Users get the exact match of their search query which helps in exploring further related details about the plant.
- Search & filters Using the search and filters feature, the user can look out for the specific type of plant that they are searching for from the available list of plants. Furthermore, multiple filters can be used to get in-depth details such as information about the leaves, fruits, flowers, soil, plant family, popular scientific names, growth habits, common names, and other required descriptions of the app.
- Geo-tagging The Geo-tagging feature allows the users to add the location of the plant then and there. Later on, the tagged plant location is used by other users while searching for a similar plant. The user can fill up even the longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates in the search engine for a suitable plant image.
- Instructions for plant care This is one of the useful and engaging features of the plant identification app. It helps users to understand the basic nature and environment required for plant growth. Also, the user gets access to the information like requirement of soil, heat, air, water, and sunlight that keeps the plant healthy and in a growing stage.The feature list is not restricted to the above-mentioned points. To enhance user engagement and app visibility, you can also add a list of more innovative and useful features.
Technologies Required to Develop A Plant Identifier App
The selection of technologies in any type of app plays a major role. It helps in improving the app’s scalability, its security and provides the best environment for its smooth functioning. Therefore, one must pay attention to the technology stack to develop a robust app for the users.
The below-mentioned team and technology stack must be included in the plant finder app development.
- 1 Project manager
- 1 Front-end developers
- 1-2 Backend developers
- 1-2 UI/UX designers
- 1-2 Quality analysis testers
The technologies required for the plant identifier app will be:
- Cloud environment
- Location tracking
How Much Does It Cost to Develop A Plant Identifier App?
Identifying the cost of developing a plant identifier is quite irrational because it is dependent on several factors. Let’s discuss some of the essential factors that affect development costs.
- Discovery/Research analysis
- Scope statement and project analysis
- UI/UX development
- Features of app
- Number of application platforms
- Location of the developer
- Design of the app
- Deployment of the app
- Maintenance of the app
- Security of the app
However, there is another list of factors that creates a dependency on the cost of app development i.e. a huge variety of features and functionalities, app complexities involved, 3rd party integration, and the price charged per hour.
After considering all the above-mentioned features, a ballpark figure can be estimated. A basic-level plant identifier app with all the features and functionalities will fall between USD 25,000- USD 30,000, and if you are planning to have an app integrated with more advanced features then the cost may fall between USD 50,000- USD 60,000.
The idea of identifying plants using technology is not just useful for biologists, farmers, or travel enthusiasts but it also helps common people with detailed information and knowledge.
So, isn’t it a profitable idea for businesses to invest in?
If you want to aid farmers in enhancing their gardening and farming skills and looking to launch a competitive platform then make wise use of the above-detailed explanation about the plant finder app development.
Also, connect with the robust team of experts at Codiant to create a customer-focused plant finder app solution.
Get started to achieve offbeat service excellence in the industry.