How to Develop a Bike Taxi App
Table of Contents
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
On-demand bike taxi apps- the fresh addition to urban commutes is increasingly gaining popularity in the hustle and bustle of highly-populated cities like Vietnam, India, Cambodia, etc.
Hailed as a cheaper and faster alternative to taxi booking apps; the Bike taxi app development solution has emerged as a lucrative business investment idea.
Ease of riding bikes in the congested traffic, low incomes of a rising middle-class family, and the reduced riding rates are the key drivers of success in the Asia Pacific Taxi Market.
As per Statista, the estimated revenue of the ride-hailing market is expected to show an annual growth rate of 11.02% that means the projected market volume will grow to US$ 392,580m by 2025; with 48% of total revenue to be generated alone by online sales.
This soaring market of bike taxi software definitely calls for a post that dives in-depth into the tried, tested, and successful way to develop a market-leading motorcycle taxi booking app.
Let’s quickly get started!
How to Develop a Bike Taxi App: A Lucrative Business Venture
Developing a bike taxi app solution involves creating a seamless platform for riders, drivers, and administrators. Key features include easy onboarding, live route tracking, multiple payment options, and promotional offers. When you consider successful business models like Gojek, Rapido, Ola Bikes, UberMoto, and SafeBoda, the development cost ranges from USD 20,000 to USD 40,000, with phases like planning, designing, development, and testing contributing to the overall investment.
How Does A Bike Taxi App Works?
After successfully registering on the app, the bike taxi app works in 3 simple steps:
- Passenger enters a pickup and drop off location(Views estimated trip fare with the time of arrival)
- Taps on ‘Book a Ride’(Passenger receives the driver’s detail, estimated trip fare with time of arrival)(The biker accepts the ride request and reaches the pick-up location)
- As soon as the trip ends, passenger pays the bike rider via m-wallet, card, or cash.(The passenger can rate and review the overall ride experience)
Top Market Players of Bike Taxi App
- Gojek An on-demand bike and taxi booking app platform offering ride-hailing and hyperlocal delivery services for consumers and businesses. Founded in Jakarta (Indonesia), Gojek is also hailed for offering on-demand delivery services of food, groceries, and packages. Note: This can be your 2nd USP if you look to add value to your bike taxi app development solution.
- Rapido Rapido is India’s leading bike taxi app available for both Android and iOS app platforms. Power-packed with features like GPS, insured rides, real-time tracking, multiple payments, and more, Rapido has established a dominating presence on the streets of India. Rapido is founded in Bangalore (India) and is currently running in more than 100 cities with 25 Million+ app downloads.
- Ola Bikes Ola Bikes app is the most popular ride-hailing service in India that offers a well-protected ride with top-of-the-line features like multiple payment options including Ola money, real-time tracking, secure OTP for every ride, Ride scheduling, corporate rides, and more.
- UberMoto UberMoto is a unique personalized bike service launched by Uber. The app allows users to book bikes and scooters and match shorter distances from point A to point B; which also includes last-mile connectivity.
- SafeBoda Safeboda is an Africa-based on-demand moto-taxi booking app that works on the ethics and social mission of safety, reliability, and trust amidst the driver and passenger. With Android and iOS app platforms, the SafeBoda app provides a safe, more convenient, and mobile-first alternative to urban transportation for Africa’s flourishing population.
The Must-Have Features in a Bike Taxi Software
There are 3 major stakeholders in the bike taxi app development solution that makes the ride-booking process seamless and easier for both rider and driver.
- Rider/Passenger App
- Driver App
- Admin Panel
- Easy Onboarding The rider should be able to quickly register in the app through mobile number, social accounts, and email id.
- Request a Ride Riders should be able to book a ride with a few taps i.e. simply by entering the pick-up and drop-off location.
- Maps Integrate maps for live route tracking, location visibility, and matching pick up and drop-off locations.
- Multiple Payments Mode Riders should get multiple payment options such as cash, card, digital wallets, and UPI payments.
- Push Notifications Riders should be able to get real-time alerts for updates like driver arriving, reached, offers, promotions, etc.
- Trip History Allow riders to check the previous booking history made through the app.
- Contact Driver Riders should be able to contact the driver for pick-up coordination.
- Rate and Review By enabling user feedback on the app you can increase the positive evaluation rate and increase engagement.
- Offers and Promos Offers and promo codes lure users to book rides. It’s a good way to increase your app installs and ride bookings.
Driver App Features
- Easy Registration Drivers’ registration should include a collection of all necessary documents like scanned copies of driving license, photo, vehicle insurance, etc.
- Set Active Status Give drivers the flexibility to operate part-time or full-time, go for a break when they want. All this can be done by allowing them to set their active status through toggles of online/offline.
- GPS Navigation A great pick up and drop off happens only when the driver reaches on time. Thankfully by integrating GPS navigation, you can enable drivers to track the optimized pickup and drop off route of customers on live- maps.
- Track Earnings Drivers are motivated by an income target for sure. Allowing drivers to track their daily/weekly earnings helps them to set their monetary goals and maximize productivity to reach goals.
- View Ratings Ratings are always seen as a performance report for Admin as well as the Driver. After each trip, as the rider rates the driver based on their trip experience, drivers should have the opportunity to view the individual ratings sent by the particular trip or person.
Admin App Features
- Interactive Dashboard Admin should have a bird’s-eye view of all the ongoing rides, total earnings, total active riders and drivers through an interactive dashboard.
- Manage Drivers Admin can add/remove drivers, see their personal details, message them personally, or broadcast messages to all drivers.
- Manage Customers Admin can activate/deactivate customers, access their contact details, book a ride on behalf of them and send them messages.
- Manage Notifications Admin should be able to manage the notifications to be sent to drivers and passengers.
- Manage Offers Admin can set offers, promo codes and discounts and incentives to referral rides.
- Manage Reviews Admin can manage reviews submitted by riders and take action on them like reading, replying, and removing.
- Manage Earnings Admin can check total daily earnings, manage the mode of payments and check earnings made by individual drivers.
How Much does it Cost to Develop a Bike Taxi App?
The total cost to developing and maintaining a Bike taxi management software ranges somewhere between USD 20, 000- USD 40,000. This includes project planning, UI/UX prototype development, iOS and Android app development, and quality assurance. Factors influencing costs involve app complexity, features, and the development company’s expertise.
However, there are several factors that decides the cost of creating an app product. Since serious mobile apps require a strong conceptual foundation, there goes an excellent ecosystem involving top talents in-app project planning, designing, and engineering. Therefore, the true cost to bike taxi app development bifurcates into different phases performed by the taxi app development company.
The activities that include major cost breakup are:
- Project planning and management
- UI/UX prototype development and designing
- iOS and Android app development
- Quality assurance and testing
Perhaps, the most important foundation to gearing up for all these points and creating a great taxi app is doing your research. Take the time to make sure how your app will play out in both long-term and short term. As per the research, draft your app-building strategies.
Need help in-app research and planning? Competitor assessment and strategy building? Don’t fret. You’re at the right place. Codiant is your end-to-end mobile app development partner having strong expertise in building bike taxi app software and other leading on-demand mobility solutions. Connect with us for a quick app demo that exactly matches your requirement. Let’s together build a great story of your brand.
Complimentary Taxi App Demo for Ambitious Entrepreneurs. Interested?
Read our thoughts and insights on the latest tech and business trends
- February 22, 2024
Work can sometimes feel like a complex puzzle, especially when it comes to managing people. But fret not! HRMS, or Human Resource Management System—a handy digital tool is designed to make HR tasks a whole... Read more
- February 21, 2024
Efficient revenue management is crucial for sustainability and growth in the healthcare sector. Custom software solutions tailored to the unique needs of healthcare providers have emerged as a game-changer in streamlining revenue processes. Custom software... Read more
- February 19, 2024
Ever wondered why some start-ups thrive while others tank? It's not just about a unique idea, tight deadlines, or fancy marketing. The real key? The discovery and planning phase. This blog spills the beans on... Read more