Mastering SaaS Mobility: How To Bring SaaS Software on Mobile
Published October 13, 2023
Did you know that SaaS businesses have increased in size by around 500% over the past seven years?
Today, SaaS has become a foremost business model. The businesses working on SaaS render cloud-based applications to users on a subscription basis. This benefits businesses with the flexibility and accessibility that modern consumers demand.
The SaaS space is worth over $195 billion as of 2023 by statista.
However, it is imperative to spread your SaaS offering to mobile devices through Mobile SaaS applications. This way you can keep your SaaS business introduced to the mobile app world and remain proficient in the market.
In this blog, we have curated a comprehensive guide to SaaS applications. This provides you insights to master SaaS mobility.
Before pitching into the Mobile SaaS applications, you should know what is SaaS and what SaaS entails.
What is SaaS?
SaaS (Software as a Service) is a reliable cloud computing model. In this cloud computing model, third-party provider hosts and maintains software applications, and deliver them to consumers online.
Unlike conventional software, SaaS applications can easily be accessible on web browsers. This makes them user-friendly and easy to deploy.
Benefits of SaaS
SaaS offers numerous benefits to businesses. These benefits have led to the huge adoption of a SaaS business model across diverse industry verticals. A few of these include:
Experience the future of mobile SaaS app development! Elevate your business with cutting-edge mobile SaaS apps.
Why Mobile SaaS Applications Matter?
In the modern era, where people are using smart devices for their day-to-day tasks, having your business mobile-ready is not just an option. It becomes the top priority to access it anytime, anywhere.
Through Mobile SaaS applications, you can benefit your business in several means. This would greatly impact the success of your business.
- Make Your Business Easily Accessible: Mobile apps enable users to access your SaaS platform from anywhere, at any time, enhancing convenience and user engagement.
- Enhance UI UX of Your Business: Using native mobile apps, you can have a smoother and more instinctive UI UX development for your business. This leads to more satisfied customers.
- Effective Customer Engagement: Push notifications and in-app updates features assist SaaS businesses to engage with users more efficiently. This will improve customer retention rates.
- Gain Competitive Edge for Your Business: Offering a mobile app can differentiate your SaaS business from competitors and attract a broader audience, potentially increasing market share.
- In-depth Data Analysis & Management: Mobile apps can collect valuable user data, helping you gain insights into customer behavior, preferences, and usage patterns. This data can inform your marketing and product development strategies.
Now that we’ve established the importance of Mobile SaaS applications, let’s explore the essential steps to get your SaaS business onto a mobile app.
Choosing the Specific Mobile App Development Approach
For mobile SaaS app development, there are two approaches that have their unique pros and cons.
- Native Apps
- Hybrid Apps
The choice among native apps and hybrid apps depends on the particular mobile SaaS app development requirements and related budget constraints.
Native apps are built for Android or iOS mobile platforms. This gives a more interactive and feature-rich experience.
Pros of Using Native Apps for Developing Mobile SaaS Applications:
1. Better performance and responsiveness due to specific platform optimization.
2. Seamless and platform-native user experience.
3. Higher customer satisfaction rate.
4. Full accessibility to device features such as push notifications, GPS, and a camera.
However, there are some cons to native app development. Have a look-
Cons of Using Native Apps for Developing Mobile SaaS Applications:
1. Higher development costs.
2. Time-consuming app development process.
3. It is quite challenging to maintain and update different versions of the app.
Pros of Using Hybrid Apps for Developing Mobile SaaS Applications:
1. Single codebase development can work on multiple platforms.
2. Faster development process can save time and money.
3. Easily run on Android and iOS platforms.
Cons of Using Hybrid Apps for Developing Mobile SaaS Applications:
1. Performance and user experience of native apps are not up to the mark.
2. Higher app maintenance cost.
Mobile SaaS Application Development Process
After choosing the platform for developing a mobile SaaS application, let’s explore the process of making an interactive mobile SaaS application.
Make Right Concepts and Plan
Define the scope of your Mobile SaaS app, including its core features, target audience, and specific business objectives.
Also, create a detailed project plan, timeline, and budget that considers the development, testing, and deployment phases.
Design UI/UX for Enhanced Navigation
Design an intuitive and user-friendly interface for your app that aligns with your brand identity.
The user experience (UX) principles are mainly to ensure ease of navigation and an engaging interface.
Whether you’ve opted for native or hybrid development, commence building the app according to your project plan.
And, then conduct continuous testing and quality assurance throughout the development process to identify and rectify bugs and issues promptly.
QA & Testing
Rigorously test your Mobile SaaS app to ensure it functions correctly on various devices, screen sizes, and operating system versions.
You should perform thorough quality assurance to guarantee a stable and reliable user experience.
App Deployment on Specific Store
Be it or Android or iOS app, publish your mobile SaaS app to the respective Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Most importantly, you must follow the guidelines of the Android and iOS platforms and make it reachable to users.
App Optimization After Launch
After you launch your application in the market and it is live to users, monitor user feedback, app performance, and usage analytics from time to time.
This will help to improve the app following user’s concerns and add the features if any update is released after launch.
However, the SaaS app development process can be complex and resource-intensive, but with careful planning and execution, you can efficaciously shift your SaaS business to the mobile platform.
Working with a SaaS Application Development Company
When it comes to developing a mobile SaaS application, it demands knowledge, technical skills, and expertise.
By consulting a highly distinguished SaaS application development company, you can modernize the development process and take full advantage of a successful mobile app launch.
That is why, several SaaS businesses choose to work with a SaaS application development company like Codiant. This ensures a smooth and successful transition to the mobile sphere.
Here are the advantages of partnering with experts:
- SaaS application development companies have experienced developers, who can create high-quality, secure, and scalable apps that align with your business goals.
- These companies often provide expert guidance on developing an attractive and user-friendly interface. This enhances user engagement and satisfaction.
- While there is an initial investment associated with hiring a development company, outsourcing can save you time and resources in the long run. You can focus on your core business while experts handle the technical aspects.
- SaaS application development companies can tailor the app to your specific needs. They ensure app development aligns with your SaaS business’s unique needs.
- They also offer ongoing maintenance, updates, and support services to keep your app running smoothly and securely.
All the above highlights clearly why it is essential to hire a SaaS app development company for developing mobile SaaS apps. But, have you ever thought about considering cost factors?
Let’s consider the key factors that affect the mobile SaaS applications below.
Mobile SaaS Applications Cost
Understanding the cost considerations of mobile SaaS app development is critical for effective budgeting and project planning.
Development Approach: Native app development is typically more expensive due to the need for separate codebases for iOS and Android. Hybrid apps are often more cost-effective since they share a single codebase.
Features and Complexity: The complexity of your Mobile SaaS app, including the number of features and integrations, significantly influences development costs. More complex apps require more extensive development efforts.
Design and User Experience: High-quality design and user experience often require additional design and development resources, impacting project costs.
Maintenance and Updates: Budget for ongoing maintenance and updates to ensure your app remains secure, functional, and up-to-date with evolving operating system versions.
Third-Party Services: If your app requires integration with third-party services or APIs (Application Programming Interfaces), this can add to the development costs. Licensing fees, API usage fees, and integration complexity should all be considered.
Development Team: Whether you hire an in-house development team or partner with a SaaS application development company, labor costs are a significant portion of the budget. The availability of skilled developers and project managers can impact costs as well.
Marketing and Promotion: Don’t overlook the budget for marketing and promotion. Even the most exceptional Mobile SaaS app won’t succeed if your target audience doesn’t discover and download it.
Mobile SaaS app developed by keeping all points in mind, results in higher revenue, better user engagement, and a substantial market presence over time.
Spreading your SaaS business to mobile devices using mobile SaaS applications is not just a drift; it’s strategically crucial to ensure app success in the market. Mobile apps provide the accessibility, user experience, and competitive edge that modern users expect.
Consulting with a SaaS application development company streamlines the app development process, decreases the chances of risk, and ensures an effective transition.
We at Codiant are experts in making your mobile SaaS app a valuable addition to your SaaS business. Our SaaS development team makes the most suitable strategy based on your SaaS business concept and thus, helps you drive growth.
Unleash Your Mobile App’s Potential with Our Creative SaaS App Development!
Table of Contents
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Read our thoughts and insights on the latest tech and business trends
- December 8, 2023
Ever felt like work is a confusing maze, and expenses are piling up, making you wish for a superhero to save the day? Picture this: You're about to close a big deal, dealing with emails,... Read more
- December 7, 2023
Google's Bard Chatbot is getting a creative lift from Gemini AI. It’s like a dynamic duo teaming up against the ChatGPT superhero. With Gemini's help, Bard aims to create a powerful alliance and enhance its... Read more
- December 2, 2023
- Web Development
When you're building an online store, the right eCommerce platform helps you do business operations in the right manner. An e-commerce platform is the foundation for running a successful online business. It influences everything from... Read more