How Much Does It Cost To Hire NodeJS Developer?
Published December 2, 2022
Ultimately, making it difficult for business seekers to find and hire the right Node.JS developer for their proposed or existing project. However, with a guided procedure and an intelligent filtering process, this can be done easily.
There are various factors that one can consider before hiring Node.JS developers. In this blog, further, we are discussing the various aspects that you can adopt to hire a Node.JS app developer and how much it costs to hire a Node.JS developer.
Roles & Responsibilities Required to Hire a Node.JS Developer
Defining your requirements and what the project demands will help you kick-start the search for Node.JS developers. Following are the general roles and responsibilities that a Node.JS developer must possess to work effectively with a development team.
- Write clean, efficient, and reusable code
- Design and deploy high-performance applications
- Develop and manage server-side components accurately
- Incorporate data protection and cybersecurity measures
- Integrate server-side logic to the user components built by front-end developers
- Identify and implement data storage solutions
- Ensure optimal performance between the primary database and front-end requests
- Document Software development processes and maintain project reports
- Perform quality testing, bug fixing, and provide technical support to users
- Provide improvement feedback and apply it to daily tasks and processes
- Work as a team member in application development and services using Agile development methodology
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in infrastructure and process
Skills Set a Good Node.JS Developer Must Possess
Having a highly skilled team of developers can enhance your business productivity to a great extent and boost revenue as well. On the other hand, it allows getting rid of any unskilled resource that might drag the team down.
To hire a Node.JS developer, verify their skills which may vary and rely on the organization and project requirements. The skills are categorized as hard skills and soft skills that an employer must look for in a Node.JS developer before onboarding.
Required Hard Skills for A Node.JS Developer
- Expertise in back-end languages like PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Familiarity with front-end technologies, such as React, Vue, HTML5, CSS3, etc.
- Expertise in using Cloud platforms i.e., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Expert in identifying and fixing bugs
- To enhance productivity can use Asynchronous Programming
- A hands-on understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Proven working knowledge in handling databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tool
The Important Soft Skills a Node.JS Developer Must Possess
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Adopt a positive working attitude and have the ability to meet goals
- Should have strong analytical skills in problem-solving and brainstorming solutions
- Effective communication skills to share clear ideas, feedback, and instructions with team members
- A highly-skilled developer, yet always have a hunger for learning something new and upgrading skills
- Work closely with the entire team i.e. front-end developers, designers, analysts, project managers, and others
- Verify background and cultural fit
Hiring Model for Node.JS Developers
Before hiring Node.JS developers, you need to define your hiring model, as per your project’s requirement and its size. There are usually 3 types of hiring models for you to pick the suitable one, which are as follows;
1. Fixed Price Model
It is quite a riskier model from the developer’s perspective, whereas, the fixed price model is the most convenient and beneficial for clients.
It is the most suitable model for small to medium-sized projects that are developed under multiple iterations with a fixed price. Additionally, this model is quite apt for MVP development that has clear project requirements and timelines.
2. Dedicated Developer Recruitment
It is the most suitable hiring model for complex and long-term projects with unclear and variable requirements.
Under the dedicated developer model, the team is paid on a monthly basis as per the team size, where the development charges are fixed prior. With a dedicated team the client can interact frequently or on their requirements to control the project development process or suggest any changes in the project.
3. Time and Material
This model is about making payment for the work delivered or the sizable progress shown in the web app development. It is usually preferred in Outsourcing resources and is quite convenient, flexible, and adaptable to changes.
As far as the overall budget is concerned, the actual cost may vary from the estimated cost, as it is the most ideal model for long-term projects with frequent requirement changes. The clients can also introduce updates in multiple phases which ultimately influences the overall budget. Despite that, this model serves more flexibility against the fixed price model.
Process To Hire A Node.JS Developer
A well-formed process is required to follow by your recruitment team to hire expert Node.JS developers. You can follow a multi-step process to select and hire the right resource. The following process step will work as a guide for you to find the best Node.JS developer or the Node.JS development company for the project development process.
Step 1- Define a clear vacancy description.
Step 2- Search candidates from various sources.
Step 3- Conduct a detailed interview session.
Step 4- Take a machine test, share feedback & recruit a suitable candidate.
Step 1- Define a clear vacancy description
Define a clear job description that will help potential prospects learn about the company’s requirements, future responsibilities, tech expertise, and perks you offer. A vacancy description can include the following details;
- Describe your company and its working.
- List down your technical requirements with qualifications, experience, and other details.
- Mention the soft skills you expect from the candidate.
- Define the type of task you demand from the hired candidate.
- List the perks of associating with your company.
- Contact details to share CV or for any assistance.
Step 2- Search Node.JS candidates from various sources
There are various sources and platforms from where you or your organization can find or connect with the most suitable resources. The platforms could be;
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn and others)
- Freelance Service Providing Platforms (Freelancer, Fiverr, Upwork, Toptal, etc.)
- Job Search Websites (Indeed, Monster, Shine, Getwork, FreshersWorld, and more)
- Software Development Companies and other platforms like Clutch and GoodFirms
Step 3- Conduct detailed interview sessions
To hire a Node.JS candidate, you need to conduct a detailed interview session which should be done in two different phases i.e. HR round and a Technical round.
As your project and the organization demand, HR can check the communication level of the candidate. Moreover, learned about their long-term goals, expectations with the organization, overall experience, previous companies, working style, willingness to learn, openness to handle pressure and deliver results, and many more general questions.
The candidate will only make up to the Technical round if s/he qualifies for the HR round and gives satisfactory answers.
Therefore, in the technical round, the questions will definitely be related to Node.JS technology, and can ask the following technical questions to understand the expertise. The following questions will help the interviewer to understand the candidate and analyze whether what they are claiming through their CV is correct.
- What is Node.JS and how it works?
- How do you manage packages in your Node.JS project?
- What is a fork in Node.JS?
- Why is Node.JS single-threaded?
- How many types of API functions are there in Node.JS?
- What is the purpose of module exports?
- What is an event loop in Node.JS?
- Differentiate between process.nextTick() and setImmediate()?
- How can we use async await in Node.JS?
- What are Node.JS buffers?
- Explain the concept of stub in Node.JS.
- What is an Event Emitter in Node.JS?
- What is npm? What is the main functionality of npm?
- What is a thread pool and which library handles it in Node.JS?
- How to measure the duration & performance of async operations?
Step 4- Take machine test, share feedback & recruit a suitable candidate
Hiring an in-house Node.JS developer requires technical skill testing or say machine testing. Whereas, if you are associating with a mobile app development company, you don’t have to bother about all such things.
The development company takes complete responsibility for testing the skills and abilities of the developer. Then only onboard the candidate if s/he is suitable and qualified for the types of projects the development company works.
Based on the machine test, it is necessary to share your feedback with the candidate, which will help them to improve and excel in upcoming interviews and enhance their skills parallelly.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Node.JS Developer?
The cost of hiring a Node.JS developer relies on many variable factors. For instance;
1. Cost to Hire Node.JS Developer based on Experience
The cost of hiring a Beginner Node.JS Developer ranges from $10 to $30 per hour.
An Intermediate Node.JS Developer hiring will cost about $20 to $60 per hour.
An Expert Node.JS Developer will charge about $50 to $90 per hour.
2. Cost to Hire Node.JS Developer based on Location
When hiring remote Node.JS developers, it’s essential to consider that their average annual salary varies significantly from one location to another. For instance, in the USA, the average salary is around $100,000, while in the UK, it stands at approximately $70,000. In Germany, Node.JS developers typically earn around $60,000 annually, whereas in Singapore, the average salary is about $40,000. Australia follows a similar trend, with an average annual salary of approximately $60,000 for Node.JS developers.
In contrast to this, if you are looking to hire a Node.JS developer on an hourly basis, then it may range from $15 to $50 per hour.
Hire the Best Team of Node.JS Developers from Codiant
If you have a sharp business approach and planning to get into the market by hiring top Node.JS developers via. a flexible outsourcing model or staff augmentation process, then Codiant can be the best helping hand on the market.
Our expert Node.JS developers will take full responsibility for building the app’s architecture and delivering the desired functionality through your app.
So, to cut short the chase of searching and hiring dedicated Node.JS developers for your project, outsourcing your project to us will be much more cost-efficient. We assure you that maintain product quality and deliver the required solution within the assigned deadline and budget.
Table of Contents
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Read our thoughts and insights on the latest tech and business trends
- September 26, 2023
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has sparked a huge talk in the Automobile Industry. The potential of AI in automotive industry is not limited to self-driving cars, it unlocks various features of comfort for everyone. Imagine AI... Read more
- September 25, 2023
- AR / VR
Augmented Reality in Retail! A hot topic ruling over customers’ hearts and the bottom line of retailers. Gone are the days when retail stores struggled to capture the attention and engagement of tech-savvy customers. With... Read more