Most Essential React Native Libraries and Components & Its Benefits
Published October 15, 2023
React Native is a tool that helps you make mobile apps that look good and work well on both Android and iPhone. It’s easy to use, even if you’re not a professional programmer.
It’s also a smart choice from a financial point of view. By developing with React Native, you’ll be able to stick to the timeline and budget that are essential for any software development project.
When selecting an experienced React Native development company, you unlock the full potential of cross-platform development for your software project.
A cross-platform mobile application development company means you’ll get a high-quality product while reducing your project management burden. Don’t miss the next part of our blog where we’ll dive deeper into React Native and React Native libraries.
What Are React Native Components Libraries?
React Native component libraries make app development faster. To understand why, let’s start with React, a free tool for making web and mobile interfaces. React gives you building blocks, but sometimes they need more work to look right on mobile devices. That’s where React Native helps. It’s like a collection of resources that allows you to use the best part of each platform & lets you build mobile apps with React.
In React Native, you can work with pre-made building blocks and tools, but you’re not locked into using only those ones. There’s a big group of developers who share extra tools and building blocks for free. So, if you need something special in your app, you can often find it in this big toolbox of free stuff.
How Can A Component Library Help You with React Native?
React Native component libraries provide us with ready-made pieces to make our React Native projects faster. For example, we can use these libraries to put together buttons with icons without much effort.
When we use a library that has everything we need for React Native, we don’t have to spend time making things look nice or adding lots of extra things. These libraries usually come with parts we can use right away, and we can adjust them to fit our app’s style, making it easier to create various types of apps.
What could be more enlightening than a practical, real-life example?
Picture this: Susanne, an aspiring app developer. She wanted to create a travel app for both iOS and Android but was overwhelmed by the coding work. Then, she discovered React Native and React Native Elements, which provided ready-made UI components.
With React Native Elements, Susanne quickly built her app’s screens, focusing on unique features like real-time location tracking. She also found helpful support in the React Native community.
Thanks to React Native and these components, Susanne’s travel app became a hit, impressing users with its design and functionality. Her journey showed how these tools can turn dreams into reality, even for beginners.
Therefore, it can be a bit tricky in the beginning when choosing the right component library for your React Native app very helpful in React native development. However, it becomes simpler when you know what each library can achieve, what it can’t do, and how much help developers get.
React Native Components & Libraries That You Should Know
Check out these top React Native component libraries that are open source. They’ll not only make your projects more powerful and save your time but also work really well on both iOS and Android.
1. React Native Starter Kit: This is a mobile application template that contains many ready-to-use components and pages, including theme support. It offers lifetime updates and support, making it easier and faster to build your app.
2. React Navigation: A popular choice, React Navigation is a flexible and easy-to-use library that’s included in most React Native projects. It offers Stack navigation, Tab navigation, Drawer navigation, and more.
3. React Native Paper: React native paper is a collection of customizable and production-ready components for building Material Design interfaces in React Native.
4. Animated Library: The Animated library is designed to make animations fluid, powerful, and painless to build and maintain.
5. React Native Elements: This cross-platform UI toolkit offers consistent design across Android, iOS, and the web, enabling developers to quickly scaffold screens.
6. Shoutem: Shoutem offers cross-platform components for iOS and Android. These components are composable, and customizable, and come with predefined styles for consistency in complex component creation.
7. React Native Maps: Provides Map components that are compatible with both iOS and Android. It’s essential for applications that require map features.
10. React Native Vector Icons: Icons are an integral part of almost all mobile apps. This library provides customizable icons for React Native with support for NavBar/TabBar/ToolbarAndroid, image source, and more, for a variety of icon sets.
The decision of selecting any library or component should be based on the specific needs of your app such as functionality, ease of use, and support, among other factors. Make sure to research individual component documentation for compatibility and custom usage.
What Are the Benefits of Using A React Native Component Library?
Using React Native component libraries comes with an array of benefits that can significantly improve your workflow and output. Here are some of the major advantages:
1. Efficiency: By using pre-built components, you can save a lot of time and effort in coding from scratch. This makes your development process more efficient, enabling faster delivery of the project.
2. Consistency: Component libraries ensure consistency in look and feel across your app. This is key in improving user experience, as it provides a uniform interface, regardless of the platform.
3. Quality Assurance: These libraries have been tested and optimized for performance by a community of developers. This means that they are reliable, and you can avoid potential bugs that might arise while writing components manually.
4. Cost-Effective: Since you’re reducing the time spent on coding and debugging, much of the costs associated with development time could be cut down.
5. Community Support: React Native has a strong and vibrant community. So, when you use component libraries, you can easily find support, updates, and improvements.
6. Scalability: Many component libraries are built with scalability in mind, so they can easily adapt as your project grows.
7. Reduced Skill Barrier: Since the components are already built for you, even developers with less React Native experience can use them effectively, thereby lowering the learning curve.
React Native is a great choice for developers looking to create powerful mobile apps. Now, let’s dive into its many advantages.
Cost-Saving and Time-Efficient
React Native’s key advantage is its ability to create code once and deploy it on multiple platforms, saving developers time and effort by using a single codebase for both iOS and Android, thereby accelerating and enhancing development.
Smooth User Interaction
React Native also empowers developers to create custom components tailored to their apps, ensuring a consistent user experience throughout. These reusable components can save time and effort, serving in various parts of the app or even in other applications.
Clear and Comprehensible
React Native follows a “learn once, write anywhere” approach, making it easy for React users to adapt. It allows you to stick to your familiar tools and routines, reducing the need to learn new ones. This speeds up app development for developers.
Exceptional App Quality
React Native leverages native components for efficient performance on older devices, resulting in high-quality, fast, and responsive apps. This speed advantage is valuable in today’s fast-paced business world.
Vast and Vibrant User Community
React Native’s active community provides developers with easy access to tools and assistance. They continually create new libraries and React Native tools for adding features, saving time and costs, as developers don’t have to start from scratch each time they want to enhance their apps.
In simple terms, using React Native for your project is a smart and practical way to build mobile apps for different platforms like Android and iOS. All thanks to the advanced React Native tools.
Choosing the libraries & components per your project can make your app easier to use, fix, and update. And the best part, is it’s affordable. React Native helps you finish your app within your set timeframe and budget, which are important for any app-building project.
If you team up with an experienced React Native development company, they can make your app even better by using the best libraries and pieces. These libraries, like React Native Element, Paper, and Vector icons, not only make your app look great but also ensure it works smoothly. They help keep everything consistent and organized, which makes it easier to make changes and improvements.
By using React Native and these helpful libraries, you speed up your project and create an app that stands out in the world of software projects.
Our React Native App Developers Develop Seamless Apps That Run Smoothly on iOS and Android
Table of Contents
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Read our thoughts and insights on the latest tech and business trends
- December 8, 2023
Ever felt like work is a confusing maze, and expenses are piling up, making you wish for a superhero to save the day? Picture this: You're about to close a big deal, dealing with emails,... Read more
- December 7, 2023
Google's Bard Chatbot is getting a creative lift from Gemini AI. It’s like a dynamic duo teaming up against the ChatGPT superhero. With Gemini's help, Bard aims to create a powerful alliance and enhance its... Read more
- December 2, 2023
- Web Development
When you're building an online store, the right eCommerce platform helps you do business operations in the right manner. An e-commerce platform is the foundation for running a successful online business. It influences everything from... Read more